Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am Indy!!!!!



Well Guys, I don't know about you,  but when I was a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist since I had seen Indiana Jones (all the movies about 20 times). I thought that it would be perfect for moi. Great adventures and exotic places, foreign languages and alluring treasures, what more can a girl ask for right!

I used to sit with the world atlas and look at the maps fantasizing about going to the mountains in Nepal or the deep and misty Amazons and used to pretend I was this female archaeologist always on the borderline of danger but with my amazing skills in "everything". I'd always escape at the right moment and save the tribes from evil and treausure hungry Nazi's or something.

Childhood memories... well, I thought that anthropology and archeology seemed so interesting.
That, my friends, was before I found out what an archaeologist really do, and I was sad to discover it was very far from my beloved Indiana Jones adventures.

I was doing research on how to become an archaeologist and discovered that it would first of all take bloody forever to learn all that history and I would have to specialize in one or two historic periods and learn ancient languages, I can't even learn Spanish!?

And then I discovered that I would spend alot of time digging like and doing tedious research to come up with a natural digging site and that may take months, even years!

What happened to my romantic and exiting adventures, well they went down the drain.
But no worries, I am happy with my life so it all worked out for the best, but I am still day dreaming sometimes, and the best part is that in my dreams is that, I am just like Indy, and it all works out in the end.

I was fortunate enough to see the latest of George Lucas and Steven Spielbergs  masterpiece "Kingdom of the crystal scull". My boyfriend Patrick surprised me yesterday with movie tickets to Indiana Jones and I was thrilled. 

We bought some serious amount popcorn since my boyfriend Patrick is addicted to popcorn, he basically got to have a dose of that stuff like 5 times a week. I voted for some sweet candy and some soft drinks and off we went.

As we got to the cinema in Puerto Banus we had of course bought tickets for the English version since we don't speak Spanish very well. I must say with out revealing to much to those who have not yet seen it, that it was the perfect Indy movie.

The music was kick ass and the choice of actors were excellent and the story was classic,with a space twist. You got to give it to Harrison Ford, he is not bad for an old geezer and the effects where pretty damn good too, if you ask me.

So if you feel like a bit of adventure ,this is a movie I would recommend folks.

Enjoy 




No comments: